Reducing Disposible Diaper Pail Odors

When disposing of dirty diapers, use zip lock bags. Some baby wipe packages are resealable, save these for disposing of diapers also. You can recycle the bags this way. It also makes for a odor free home.

By Carissa from Ohio

7 More Solutions

If have a baby, you have dirty diapers that can smell quite bad. My daughter had two in diapers at once and you never smelled dirty diapers in her house or trash.

Now that I am through with diapers, I will share one tip. I couldn't always run stinky diapers to the trash outside, so I bought doggy poop bags (the kind you take with you on a walk to clean up after your dog).

When my wife and I had our first baby, we put a Diaper Genie on on baby shower want list. And we GOT it, but we found out with our second and third child that those bags from the grocery store did just as well.

Working in a nursery caring for babies, there are times when a bag is needed for dirty diapers or soiled clothing. Instead of buying the deodorized bags, a plastic grocery bag or plastic vegetable bag can be used.

Instead of having a stinky diaper pail in my son's room, I use plastic grocery bags stuffed into empty 12 pack soda "fridge packs" and slide the whole thing under the changing table. I hang the bags by the handles off of the Diaper Depot.

This for all parents, caregivers etc. of infants/toddlers in diapers. Before putting smelling diapers in trash use a bread sack/plastic bags to wrap them in. We use this in my room at work. I care for infants. Somedays 9 or 10. We even use bags for the urine diapers. Makes a big difference. By Starla

Help me eliminate diaper pail odor without replacing the pail.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsSeptember 1, 2013
🎉
😷
🎄
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reducing-Disposible-Diaper-Pail-Odors.html