Diaper Rash Remedies

Diaper rash is very painful for your baby. This is a guide about diaper rash remedies.

When my daughter was first born, I spent a small fortune on diaper creams and name-brand baby powder (she's prone to diaper rash). She would still get a diaper rash every so often, even though I used the creams with every diaper change. When circumstances forced me to cut back on my expenses, I began using corn starch (from the baking dept.) and pure petroleum jelly (vaseline) from the dollar-store. She has not had a single diaper rash in 4 months! Not only is it much, much cheaper, I think having fewer chemicals against her sensitive skin is much healthier (and really - who is going to get close enough to a baby's butt to smell that baby powder scent?!)

By Leann D

When my son gets a diaper rash (usually from foods that contain more acid than he can tolerate) instead of using the high priced ointments that don't work on the burning feeling, I use liquid malox or mylanta on his bottom. As soon as I apply that, he feels instant relief.

By Green18chick

Baby orajel on a baby rash not only eases the pain, but gets rid of the rash in record time!

By Christina

Each baby is different and what works for some doesn't work for the other. We tried quite a few different diaper rash ointments, including; Desitin, Aquaphor Healing Ointment, and Burt's Bees Diaper Rash Cream. Nothing worked as well for my son as Waxelene. After applying Waxelene his rash would show improvement by the next diaper change and would usually clear up within a day. Waxalene was the best diaper rash treatment for my son. It also works well on dry skin and other types of rashes.

I was reading about all the concoctions for belly butter and thought I'd share my sure fire diaper rash preventative. My boys are 60, 57, 55, and 38. I used petroleum jelly (aka Vaseline) on their bottoms after each diaper change. We "never" had diaper rash! Not even after I started giving them "real" orange juice.

This is a guide about homemade diaper rash ointment recipes. There are many creams and ointments on the market to treat diaper rash. You can save money by making your own.

Baby in Diaper

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

What is A and D Ointment? It seems to be useful for the whole body. Would this ointment or one with similar qualities be available in Australia?

By furlegs from Adelaide, Australia

Answers

It is mainly known for diaper rash ointment but has a lot of other uses like you said. The original cream is called A+D Original Ointment, Diaper Rash and All-Purpose Skincare Formula

It's ingredients are: Active Ingredients: Contains: Petrolatum (53.4% - Skin Protectant), Lanolin (15.5% - Skin Protectant)

Inactive Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil (contains Vitamin A & Vitamin D), Fragrance, Light Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin

Try taking the ingredient list to your pharmacist to see what is comparable there in Australia or if they can order the A+D for you. They also make A+D Zinc Oxide Diaper Rash Cream with Aloe.

SOURCE: http://www.myad … om/products.html
http://www.drug … &catid=26911

Hi furlegs from Adelaide, Australia, I did a Google search and you are able to buy the cream on EBay. As Kaelle suggested you could probably go to your local chemist and ask there.

I am from Adelaide, Australia too

It is often used for diaper (nappy) rash here in the states. I don't know if you are familiar with Desitin, also a rash remedy, but it is along those lines. However, if you want a laugh, all my kids were allergic to Desitin, did not respond well to A and D ointment, so there is another remedy called 'Butt Paste' yes, really. Worked wonders on my kids. I can't stand the name, but I swear by it.

A&D works well to keep a baby's butt healthy as long as the diaper is changed regularly, buy the product called "Butt Paste" heals wounds faster becaise it contains a good amount of zinc which is the healer. I have no babies, but I keep both of these products in my home.