Break Your Dishwasher Tabs In Half

Make your dishwasher tabs go twice as far! Buy only the dishwasher detergent in tablet form so it can be broken in half. Use just one half for each load unless running a very soiled load. Dishes get just as clean and the box lasts twice as long! Also, there is a $2.25 coupon for these tabs on a regular basis that often coincides with a grocery store special.

Source: My frugal self - just tried it a few times and was convinced!

By Nan from Charlotte

I don't use the tabs. I prefer the loose powder in the box. You can use less of the powder as well. The cups do not have to be filled. Put in about half the usual amount of powder and the dishes come out clean just the same.

I saw a tip in Cooks Country magazine that suggested using white vinegar in place of a rinse aid in the dishwasher. I tried it and it seems to work just as well.

Dishwasher Detergent Tablets
Saving Money on Dishwasher Detergent
Better Living Frugal Living TipsJuly 31, 2009
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
🎉
🎄