Boy's 13th Birthday Party Ideas

My son is turning thirteen in July, I'm going to throw him a surprise birthday party, themed " Bulls basketball party" his favorite player is Derrick Rose. I'm going to rent a Moon Bounce, but I don't know what else I can do to entertain the kids, it's going to be a lot of kids so I didn't want to do a pinata. Any ideas?

By Kelly

Best Answer

If you have a big enough house then let him have a party at home. If hes a gamer then get him a system for his birthday and bring it out during the party for the kids to play. I'm 18 now and I remember my 13th like it was yesterday. My parents bought some fireworks! that's was so awesome I was so happy, another great idea if you can afford, they only got a few fire works but enough to make a little show. Kids love food!

If there is plenty of snacks for them they won't be disappointed. This may seem kind of out there, but it made us laugh so hard and we loved it, My mom bought two rolls of tuck tape and I the birthday girl stood on a chair against the wall while my friend taped me. They took away the chair and there I was, still hanging from the wall, struggling to get off. As a kid almost anything different is fun! We also blew up balloons and everyone sat on them, the first one to pop there balloon won. Water guns, so fun!

Best Answer

You should have some type of basketball shooting contest. Buy one of those portable baskets at Toys R Us and have a 3 point contest or something.

Most 13 y.o.kids I know are a bit to old or big for a bounce house, but maybe your son and his peers still enjoy it. I have done pinatas with multiple classrooms full of kids with no problems but to control the chaos and increase safety I give instructions that no one may move after the pinata breaks until I blow a whistle (and the stick has been removed from the hitter!. If a wide range of ages is participating I give each kid a bag to gather treats in and that is all they may grab. This keeps the big kids from grabbing everything and the little ones from getting nothing. It's a good idea to keep some candy on the side to supplement the kids who get very little.