Easy Valentine Cake Decorating

I baked a scratch (no cake mixes) devil's food cake for our senior citizen luncheon. It's not the most beautiful decorated cake, but I think you get the idea. I had baked another cake about 1 1/2 weeks ago and had left over frosting in my refrigerator that I wanted to use up. And just had enough frosting for this cake. I love the decorating sprinkles because you can cover up a lot of mistakes and no one will ever know. I also used colored sugar along the sides of the cake.

My DH held the cake so I could take a picture.

By MCW from Lewiston, NY

I can't see picture either. Could you please re-send.

Sorry about that! I had problems trying to send the photo to Thriftyfun and I think that someone ate up all the cake before Thriftyfun ever got it. YUM! YUM!

My favorite quick Valentine's (or other) deco. tip is to use miniature marshmallows on the sides...for Valentine's use red frosting and white marshmallows (pressed into the side frosting. For birthdays, use the multi-colored marshmallows. Children love these...they get cake PLUS marshmallows. It is so quick and looks good too.

A heart drawn in chocolate.
Valentine's Day Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesFebruary 12, 2009
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Making Valentine's Day Boiled Eggs
Making Valentine's Day Boiled Eggs
Valentine's Day cake
Valentine's Day Cake Recipes
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day