Making Valentine's Day Boiled Eggs

Category Recipes
Heart shaped boiled eggs are a perfect addition to your Valentine's Day meal or party. This is a guide about making Valentine's Day boiled eggs.

This is a fun and adorable edible craft I learned from my mother. She's been doing this since she was a little kid. All you need are a few household items. :)

Total Time: 45 minutes

Source: My ThriftyMum!

• pot of water
  • eggs
  • straws or chopsticks
  • flexible cardboard (packaged food box or cereal box is good)
  • wax paper or plastic wrap
  • food dye (optional)

1. Place eggs in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove from burner. Cover pot. Let eggs sit in hot water about 10-12 minutes. Drain immediately and cool in cold running water or in bowl of ice.
  2. Peel eggs. Fold your piece of cardboard into a V shape like a greeting card. Line with wax paper or plastic wrap. Put in your egg.
  3. To make a heart shape, press a chopstick or straw down on the top of peeled egg and secure the entire thing with rubber bands. Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  4. Ad

5. To make a flower, wrap your peeled egg egg in plastic wrap and press four chopsticks into the sides, evenly. Secure with rubber bands. Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
  6. To make the smiley faces, stick peeled egg in a tri-folded piece of cardboard lined with wax paper or plastic wrap and secure tightly with rubber bands. Pop in fridge for 30 minutes.
  7. Ad

8. If you like you can further decorate. For the smiley faces, add toasted sesame seeds for eyes and teeny tiny wedges of egg white for lips. You can also use a couple drops of red food colouring in a cup of water to dye the eggs pink before you squeeze them into heart shapes. Improvise! It's fun! :)

That is so clever! Any child would love this.

This is awesome! I wish I could give you more than one thumbs up. I've been fixing deviled eggs for over 30 years & have never seen any that were not the standard oval. Your flowers could easily be a 4 leaf clover, butterfly, or with 1 added chopstick, a star.

Thank you, thank you! Growing up, Mum would put these on our table and I thought it was just magic; nothing I'd ever attempt. Turns out they were so easy. Enjoy!

How adorable ! Yummy too ;)