Making Valentine's Day Boiled Eggs
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 16, 2016
This is a fun and adorable edible craft I learned from my mother. She's been doing this since she was a little kid. All you need are a few household items. :)
Total Time: 45 minutes
Source: My ThriftyMum!
- pot of water
- straws or chopsticks
- flexible cardboard (packaged food box or cereal box is good)
- wax paper or plastic wrap
- food dye (optional)
- Place eggs in pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove from burner. Cover pot. Let eggs sit in hot water about 10-12 minutes. Drain immediately and cool in cold running water or in bowl of ice.
- Peel eggs. Fold your piece of cardboard into a V shape like a greeting card. Line with wax paper or plastic wrap. Put in your egg.
- To make a heart shape, press a chopstick or straw down on the top of peeled egg and secure the entire thing with rubber bands. Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To make a flower, wrap your peeled egg egg in plastic wrap and press four chopsticks into the sides, evenly. Secure with rubber bands. Pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- To make the smiley faces, stick peeled egg in a tri-folded piece of cardboard lined with wax paper or plastic wrap and secure tightly with rubber bands. Pop in fridge for 30 minutes.
- If you like you can further decorate. For the smiley faces, add toasted sesame seeds for eyes and teeny tiny wedges of egg white for lips. You can also use a couple drops of red food colouring in a cup of water to dye the eggs pink before you squeeze them into heart shapes. Improvise! It's fun! :)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.