Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

Category Eggs
It can be a challenge to find new ways to use hard boiled eggs other then the typical addition to a salad. This page contains recipes using hard boiled eggs.

I am looking for an entree use of hard-boiled eggs, other than salad, deviled, or Easter eggs. Thanks!

By Lin from Atascadero, CA

Answers

Use the recipe for turkey a' la king but use hard boiled eggs instead. You can fancy it up by putting it over some kind of artesian bread. You make a basic white sauce, add mushrooms, a few pimentos, and chopped hard boiled eggs. It is delicious.

Bubba's Boiled Eggs

• 6 - 12 large Eggs
  • Water

Directions:

Place eggs into a 4 qt boiler. Cover completely with water, about 1/2 inch above all of the eggs. Cover. Bring water to a good boil for 1 minute.

Turn heat off, leave boiler on stove burner. Allow eggs to sit in boiler for at least 1 and 1/2 hours. Take boiler to kitchen sink. Run cold water into boiler until water has changed out 2 to 3 times. Remove eggs from boiler, and place in a bowl.

Put bowl with eggs into refrigerator for 2 - 3 hours. This will allow eggs, when cracked, to be peeled very easy.

Bubba's Easy Deviled Eggs

• 6 large eggs, whole, hard-boiled
  • 3 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
  • 1/2 Tbsp. Mustard
  • Salt
  • Black Pepper

Directions:

Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks. Mash yolks, add mayonnaise and mustard; mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Place yolk stuffing into egg white halves.

By JohnL. from Columbus, GA

Answers:

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

I make hard boiled eggs the same except I remove the pot from the burner after boiling. I allow the eggs to sit in the pot for 20 minutes. I also add about 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to prevent the whites from spreading in case any of the eggs crack. (05/20/2009)

By mkymlp

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

Here are some creative ideas of what to do with leftover hard boiled eggs that are more unusual than egg salad or deviled eggs.

Rocket Potatoes

Well, this a fattening but scrumptious recipe my Hungarian husband brought with him which we call Rocket Potatoes (because the Hungarian sounds something like that!):

Boil 4 large, peeled potatoes until done, then slice in thin-ish slices (I've also used baked potatoes successfully!). Slice about 8 hardboiled eggs. Slice about 6-8 hot dogs (kosher are best!). Mix paprika into a 16 oz container of sour cream until the sour cream is pink. Cover the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish with bacon. Start layering potatoes, then eggs, then hot dogs, and a smear of sour cream until you end with potatoes and enough sour cream to smear on that. Layer another 1/4 pound of bacon on the very top and bake for about an hour at 350 degrees F, uncovered.

This is a "can't go wrong" recipe, artery clogging but delicious!

Use In Potato Salad

I make up a nice potato salad with the leftover hard boiled eggs.

By Mandy

Three Different Uses

Have you ever tried mashing them with boiled potatoes? Another thing that you can do is make some toast, lay sliced tomato on the toast, then put sliced egg on top of that. Put on some basil leaves and cover that with cheese, put under the grill until cheese is melted. Or you could crumble the egg into white sauce with some parsley.

By Pthere

Add To Caesar Salad

When making a Caesar salad, I often throw in sliced mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, croutons, bacon and pieces of hard boiled egg. We really enjoy it that way.

By valleyrimgirl

Egg Salad

I make egg salad, like for a sandwich, then put it on celery stalks. I also make hard boiled eggs diced fine, add sweet onion, diced celery and a 6 oz can of tuna drained and Miracle Whip for sandwiches.

By Carol

Spinach Salad With Sweet And Sour Dressing

Dressing

Mix well and cook over low heat until bubbly and thick. Cool.

Salad

Mix and add above cooled salad dressing

By Jen

Meatloaf Surprise

I put them in the middle of my meat loaf. My family loves to cut into it and see them.

By happyinpa

Creamed Eggs

Make a basic white sauce, chop or grated the hard boiled eggs and add to the sauce. Serve over toast for breakfast.

By Lois

Spanish Eggs And Potatoes

This is a Spanish recipe. Not sure the quantity but you can gauge it easily.

Makes a nice lighter lunch. Good for Friday during Lent, too!

By Lissettel

Post your own favorite tip or recipe below.

Answers:

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

I have used this recipe for many, many years. It is simply a white sauce with hard-boiled eggs, but my family can use up 2 dozen eggs very easily. In fact, this is a family favorite year round. We sprinkle on Parmesan cheese for extra added flavor. Makes it really great!

Creamed Eggs On Toast

Directions

1. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.

2. Melt butter in saucepan, add flour until it forms into a ball. Slowly add the milk and stir until the sauce comes to a boil.

3. Stir the white pepper, salt, black pepper, and chopped eggs into the sauce; stir until the eggs are heated.
(04/01/2007)

By Linda in SE Iowa

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

Deviled Eggs

Halve eggs lengthwise; remove yolks and mash with fork. Blend in remaining ingredients. Refill egg whites. Sprinkle with a little paprika. Serves 6

I also like to make egg salad, add them to potato salad, macaroni salad, tossed salads, tuna and chicken salad too!
(04/04/2007)

By Debbie52

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

I make sandwiches using a hardboiled egg, mayo, salt pepper, onion powder, and English muffins. I toast the muffin, peel and slice the egg thinly with my egg slicer. Then when the muffin is toasted, I spread it with mayo and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and onion powder, Yummy! I got the idea from Reading Sue Grafton novels, the heroine Kinsey Milhone makes them for herself. (04/04/2007)

By Karen

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

My grown up children and their spouses and children all love pickled eggs. Boil the eggs and peel. mix one cup water, one half cup sugar, one cup white vinegar and a teaspoon pickling spice. boil for 5 min. pour over eggs. cover and keep in refrigerator for week or longer. Ours never last even 2 days for a dozen. (04/29/2007)

By Marge from Michigan

Recipes Using Hard Boiled Eggs

I put hard boiled eggs in my Tuna Salad (helps 'dress' it up and makes a good filler to helps make more servings). As well, as in my Potato Salad (a nice touch, adds to flavor, helps 'dress' it up). Make Dressed or Deviled Eggs with them (depends where you're from as to what you call them.) (08/14/2008)

By badwater