Cooking Hard Boiled Eggs in a Pressure Cooker
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
March 7, 2017
Read More Comments
You don't have to have an Instant Pot to make these. However, I'm really enjoying my Instant Pot because I can leave the kitchen if I need to.
Prep Time: Less than 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: As many eggs as you want
Source: Instant Pot Community on Facebook
- Put 1 cup of water in the cooker.
- Get a bowl of ice water ready. You will need it at the end.
- Put your eggs on a trivet or steamer. You may stack the eggs, but make sure they don't touch the side of the pot or they will crack and some of the cooked egg will seep out.
- Lock the lid.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Natural release for 5 minutes.
- Put the eggs into the ice water for 5 minutes.
- They will peel very easily. You can peel now or when you are ready to eat them.
I think an Instant Pot has been a great investment. Especially when you can get it used or as a gift, you will save a lot of time and eat lots of good meals. Here's a great recipe for hard boiled eggs. Best part is, they peel straightaway!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.