Cost Effectiveness of Solar Water Heating and Rain Filtration Systems

What's the cost and trouble if I try to put in a solar water heating system and rain filtration system? I want to install them as the main sources in our cabin. Could someone tell me their experience with regard to time and money? Thanks.

By T McClanahan

Although we didn't drink the water, my father put a new galvanized rain barrel up on a stand to the top was close to the eaves short downspout. He put a sheet of plywood on top with an oh, 8" diameter hole. Screen was stapled over the hole. Black plumbing, that's bendable was run from the tank, under the cottage and up to the "cold" water tap on the sink. The tank was painted flat black and was located on the south side of the cottage. The sun warmed it enough for dishes. That was it for plumbing. The lake was our bath and a wee huse our biffy.

Better Living Green Living AdviceJuly 8, 2011
Green Rain Barrel
Make Your Own Rain Barrel
Inside a solar porch.
Solar Heating Porch
Rain Drops on Leaf
Rain Garden Basics
Mom and 3 girls Camping in the Rain
Camping in the Rain