Rust on a Teflon Baking Dish

How do you get rust off of a Teflon coated baking dish?

By Denise from Benecia, CA

Sprinkle some Baking Soda on the rust and then add few drops of vinegar. If there is rust, that means that the TFE has been chipped away. Throw the pan away!

Yes, if rust is coming through the Teflon coating then it's no longer safe to use for food but instead of throwing it away please, please recycle it somehow! We are way too much of a throw away world :-(

If you don't have a local recycling center that will take it you can always use it for seeding plants, as a potted plant water catcher, an inbox for your desk, to place cleaning supplies in under your sink, etc. The sky is the limit in how you can reuse it! I have a large pot that was doing the same thing and I now use it as a pan to put warm soapy water in to soak my feet when they're sore or before giving myself a pedicure ;-)

You could post another request for ideas for how to use it for crafts, too, and I'll bet you'll receive lots of ideas ;-)

My daughter has a rusted pan she lines it with aluminum foil or non stick baking & cooking paper paper before she cooks.

Egg frying in Teflon pan on gas stove.
Cleaning Teflon
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 12, 2010
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 2:41:26 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.