Cooking TipsFood Tips

Spray Inside of Tin Foil When Baking

Before you cover your baking items with foil, spray the side of the foil that touches the food with non-stick cooking spray. No more sticking to the foil and no more ruining your pretty dish

By cschatz from Springville, AL

Great tip! Thanks for sharing.

God Bless.

Trish in CT

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Better still buy the non stick foil. I love it. It is a little more expensive but consider the spray etc.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Such a simple idea yet so many of us hadn't thought of it! Thanks! Oh and about buying the non-stick foil. Good idea, but that stuff isn't as cheap as regular foil. Whereas you can buy cooking oil sprays in several flavors at the dollar store.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a great, yet simple idea. Thanks for sharing.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I use the non-stick foil and love it. Much prefer it to using a spray. For those who don't mind the sprays, your idea is a good one.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

That is such a great idea! I would never have thought of that. I will pass that idea around. Thank you.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

what a good idea! thanks a lot. it is much cheaper than the non-stick foil.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

July 28, 2011 Flag

Especially in fall and winter, I like to cook casseroles. And when I do, I like to put toppings on them. Many times it's cheese, but sometimes it's tomato sauce or gravy or some other sauce, and most times it calls for covering the casserole with foil during baking. I found that more times than not the cheese or other topping sticks to the aluminum foil even after spraying it with cooking oil, especially if it has to bake a good while.

I came up with a simple solution. All of my baking dishes have little handles built in to the top ends. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean. Anyway, I take a bit of aluminum foil and form it into a good sized loose ball. Then I put this ball on each of the handles. If I have to I use a small bit of the ball to make a hook to keep it on the handle. Then I cover the dish as usual. The ball keeps the foil just high enough off of the cheese to keep it from sticking.

The main things I cook this way are semi-homemade mac and cheese (I use the box and add handfuls of shredded cheese...yum!), shepherd's pie, or any other casserole that I've put cheese or any other topping on. Works great!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That is a good idea but now they make aluminum foil with barrier on it to keep things from sticking. I just saw it advertised on tv last night.

Since I first discovered it a couple of years ago, I only use Reynolds Release aluminum foil. Works great! Give it a try.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsJuly 2, 2010
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2017 at 12:07:31 PM on 10.0.0.58 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.