Use Glow in the Dark Paint Around the House

To make it easier to get around in the dark, I took some glow-in-the-dark paint (or you could use glow-in-the-dark decals) and put some around each door handle in the house. I also put just a couple of glow-in-the-dark decals on my sliding glass doors.

I also put one on the tank of each toilet, positioning it so it can be seen even if the lid is left up. And one close to the sinks in the bathrooms. And finally one on the fridge, close to the handle.

This way I don't have to turn the lights on for simple things I may want to do at night.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I have only use the glow-in-the-dark paint on my light switches, I think I will add it to my doorknobs also thank-you

January 19, 2010 Flag

I recently purchased a bottle of glow-in-the-dark paint. It's the type in the "squirt out bottle" sold at Walmart. I squirted dots of this paint on my door knobs and light switches. This way I can easily find my way to door when I turn out my lights!

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Use Glow in the Dark Paint on Knobs and Light Switches

What a great idea! This would be a great help if there was an emergency at night and there were no lights working.

By jwrh626

Also put some on an old pair of shoes to keep by the door in case of fire. (02/08/2008)

By Christine, IN

The only problem is: The paint doesn't stay lit up for very long (about half an hour). But, It MIGHT help in a fire? (02/08/2008)

By Cyinda

I thing that this idea is so great. I put some on my ceiling fan. Nice look in the dark. (02/16/2008)

By Janet from Toronto

Night Safety Pedestrian Crossing
Night Safety Tips
Home and Garden Home Improvement Helpful HintsJanuary 19, 2010
House in the Dark
Finding Your House in the Dark
Glow Sticks
Using Glow Sticks
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Cans of house paint, paint chips, and a paint brush.
Saving Money on House Paint