Easy Clean-up For Peeling Veggies

I was making scalloped potatoes yesterday and as I was peeling the potatoes, realized that I have a really good tip to share. In the past I found that cleaning up the peels was a pain because they fly everywhere.

So now I take a full sheet of newspaper and put it in the kitchen sink, and press it out as much as possible. Then as I peel the potatoes, they all fall inside the newspaper. When I am all done, I just scoop up the paper and throw away. It makes such easy clean-up.

Source: Just a thought one day when frustrated with clean up.

By shirleyamh from Henderson, NV

Excellent Idea! Better yet - toss the peels and the newspaper in the compost heap!

Great idea....this is how I was taught when I was a kid (I'm 52) and I still do it this way. I also wrap food from the fridge in newspaper that is going into the trash.

May 14, 2009 Flag

Peel your fresh veggies and fruits on newspaper or plastic/paper grocery bags. When you are finished, just fold the peelings up in the paper/plastic and throw in the trash.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Easy Clean-up For Peeling Veggies

Or better yet, throw them into the compost heap. (08/25/2006)

By Mary

Easy Clean-up For Peeling Veggies

Better still, send them overnight express to MY COMPOST BIN! LOL (08/26/2006)

By Lynda

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsMay 14, 2009
Freezing Bell Peppers, Canning Bell Peppers, Peeling Bell Peppers, Drying Bell Peppers, Storing Bell Peppers, Growing Bell Peppers, Selecting Good Bell Peppers, Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers
Peeling Bell Peppers
Someone peeling a a peach.
Peeling Peaches
Slice of cantaloupe with other cantaloupes in the background.
Peeling and Slicing Melon
Small stack of nectarines against white background.
Peeling Nectarines
🎉
🎄