Helpful HintsFood Tips

Easy Clean-up For Peeling Veggies

I was making scalloped potatoes yesterday and as I was peeling the potatoes, realized that I have a really good tip to share. In the past I found that cleaning up the peels was a pain because they fly everywhere.

So now I take a full sheet of newspaper and put it in the kitchen sink, and press it out as much as possible. Then as I peel the potatoes, they all fall inside the newspaper. When I am all done, I just scoop up the paper and throw away. It makes such easy clean-up.

Source: Just a thought one day when frustrated with clean up.

By shirleyamh from Henderson, NV

Excellent Idea! Better yet - toss the peels and the newspaper in the compost heap!

Great idea....this is how I was taught when I was a kid (I'm 52) and I still do it this way. I also wrap food from the fridge in newspaper that is going into the trash.

May 14, 2009 Flag

Peel your fresh veggies and fruits on newspaper or plastic/paper grocery bags. When you are finished, just fold the peelings up in the paper/plastic and throw in the trash.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Easy Clean-up For Peeling Veggies

Or better yet, throw them into the compost heap. (08/25/2006)

By Mary

Easy Clean-up For Peeling Veggies

Better still, send them overnight express to MY COMPOST BIN! LOL (08/26/2006)

By Lynda

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes