Making Homemade Tear-Off Notepads

I've read about making note pads from recycled paper, what is the name of the "red, sticky goo" used to make the note pads hold together? Thanks.

I've made these in the past. I used Sparco padding compound from an office supply store. After stacking my paper and clipping it together, I would run a small line of the compound (from a travel squirt bottle) down the edge I wanted to bind. Then spread it with a foam paint brush. After a couple of coats and drying, you're good to go.

Hope this helps.

Years ago at the bank we just used ordinary glue sticks. Just ran them a couple of times over the edges, letting it dry between each layer.

Rubber cement works, too and is easy to find