January Spending Freeze

Just an update on the January spending freeze.

Thank you for all the terrific responses! So far, so good (of course, today is only the 8th!) I have managed to steer clear of my beloved Goodwill and other local thrift and resale shops, have brought my lunch to work each day, and didn't buy any extras at the grocery store.

We are fortunate to have a great library within walking distance, and I joined their Adult Winter Reading Program; after reading seven books, I will be rewarded with a free canvas book tote...score!

I get a little cabin fever this time of year, January can really be a LONG month, so I get outside and walk when it's not terribly cold. Boredom has not been a problem yet, seems I always have plenty to do. I like to sew and haven't had time to do any of that for a while, and I have quite a stash of fabric for when the mood strikes!

I hope all is well where you are and that January is treating you kindly.

I am also on a "No spend" January & February. I am enjoying not spending every dime I have. It is also a great relief knowing I have money in the bank. I am on a very low-income (below poverty). I get my food I need and the essentials. And have little to spend after that. I have been saving that little and it feels so awesome. Maybe by March, I will be able to treat myself with something I deserve...:)

Jackie H. Southern Massachusetts