Wear Special Occasion Clothing Before the Event

This is about clothing purchased for a special occasion. I'd like to suggest that you give it a trial run by wearing it for at least half an hour in your home. You'll quickly find out what is missing, what needs repairing, etc.

I did this, and discovered some strategic buttons becoming loose - and repaired the damage immediately. Better to fix at home than have a problem at an event!

By cookwie from Richardson, TX

Yes, this is a really good idea. When my daughter got married, I wore a deep blue dress with lacy see-through sleeves. I already had a white all-in-one shaper, so I figured why not use what I have, nobody will see what I have on underneath the dress anyway, right? In a few of the pictures you can see a white strap showing on my shoulder. Ugh! How embarrassing!

But if I had put everything on and checked it out well before the big day, I would have known to go ahead and buy some black underclothes. Oh well, live and learn, I guess!

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceAugust 12, 2009
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
girl looking at a pimple
Hiding a Pimple
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Formal Business Event
Clothing Advice for a Formal Business Event