Making Spicy Prawns
October 16, 2019
The Philippines is on the list of third world countries. Here prawns are considered to be food for the elite, or a rich man's meal. It is one of the most expensive seafoods here, and we only buy them for special occasions.
- 10 pcs prawns peeled (leave tail)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp powdered pepper
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp banana ketchup
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- Bathe prawns in vinegar and season with a pinch of salt.
- Combine flour, corn starch, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the prawns into the flour mixture (breading mix).
- Coat each in breading mix. See to it that it is covered all over.
- Deep fry prawns until light brown.
- Mix all ingredients for sauce in a pan. Let it simmer until it becomes thick.
- Toss in the prawns for one minute, then it's done.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.