Hearty Shrimp Soup
We usually prepare sea foods like prawns and crabs on special occasions. These foods are very expensive in the Philippians that most of us can only afford during special seasons. The past few weeks were special since we are reunited again with family members who got stuck in far away places for months due to lock down. So we had this simple but very special dish.
- 600 g prawns
- 1 chayote, chopped
- 200 g camote tops (sweet potato leaves)
- 500 ml water
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
Read More or Comment...
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Add shrimps to pan. Stir fry until shells starts turning red. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, add water and simmer for 10 minutes. You may want to add some shrimp broth, seasoning or just a little bit more salt to enhance the flavor.
- Next, add the chayote. Continue to simmer until it becomes translucent.
- Remove from heat. Add the camote tops to the pan and cover for 10 minutes. Serve while it's hot.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.