Pork and Shrimp Wonton Noodle Soup
This hearty wonton soup begins with a homemade broth made from chunks of pork shoulder, shrimp, and seasonings. Add your favorite garnish and enjoy!
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a completely homemade and natural broth made from pork and shrimp. It is a perfect recipe to accommodate 4 bowls in just 1 hour!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 people
- 2 1/2 lb pork shoulder
- 1 1/2 lb shrimp
- 1 onion
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 small piece ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp
- 1 package wonton noodles
- 1 gal water
- fried onion pieces
- 3 stems green onion
- Place onion, garlic, and ginger into the toaster oven and bake for 5 minutes at 350 F. Allow to cool and peel off onion skin and save 1/4 of the onion for garnishing.
- Wash and pat the pork meat dry.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger to the pot. Bring the pot to a boil.
- When the water has been brought to a boil, add pork meat, dried shrimp, salt, and sugar. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and skim off the scum to make your broth clear. Add fish sauce and toss in your seasoned black pepper shrimp cover with the lid and turn off heat.
- Follow directions on the wonton noodle soup packaging you use (mine took only 4 minutes to make). Then prep any garnishes you would like (chopped chives, onions, cilantro, fried onion). Add noodles, and garnish to the bowl and top off with your delicious homemade broth!
CommentsRead More Comments