Noodle Soup Recipes

Category Soups
One of our favorite soups is chicken noodle, but there are many other kinds of broths that are great for this kind of pasta. This page contains noodle soup recipes.

Nothing welcomes Fall weather like a pot of homemade soup. This recipe for Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup is a family favorite. It is so simple and it's even better the next day when all the flavors have blended in!

It's quick and easy.

Chicken Noodle Soup

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 4

This is a very tasty low cal soup. The recipe originally suggested you order Chinese Roast Pork take-out. I used pork loin we had left over from the previous night and it turned out great.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 6 (1 1/2 cup servings)

Source: Weight Watchers (3 PointsPlus per serving)

• 6 cups chicken broth
  • 2 scallions, sliced diagonally
  • 1 (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
  • 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 6 baby bok choy, halved (sold by the bunch in the produce department)
  • 2 Large carrots, cut into match-sticks
  • 2 cups cooked whole wheat angle hair pasta
  • 6 oz lean cooked port, cut into matchsticks
  • 1 cup lightly packed baby spinach
  • Siracha (rooster sauce), to taste

1. Combine broth, scallions, ginger, and soy sauce in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until scallions are tender, about 3 minutes.
  2. Add bok choy and carrots; simmer until barely tender, about 7 minutes.
  3. Stir pasta, pork, and spinach into soup; simmer just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes longer.

This is a wonderful, filling and inexpensive meal. It serves four people.

Creamy chicken soup with lots of chicken and noodles and quick to make. During the winter my family asks for this almost weekly.

Cover chicken with water; add salt and pepper. Boil until done, about 1 hour. Remove chicken from liquid, cut meat off bones. More water may be added.

Cook chicken in roasting pan with water. Keep chicken broth after chicken is cooled Cut up chicken in the broth, add 1 onion, 2-3 cans of corn or 1- 1lb bag of frozen corn, add condensed cream of chicken soup.

Heat broth, pepper, carrot and celery in 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Stir in noodles and chicken. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.

Boil 2 lb. beef in 1/2 gallon water. When it has come to a boil, skim and add salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of celery salt, 1 cup onion and 1 cup tomatoes. Simmer at least 2 hours.

In pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add chicken; reduce heat to low...

There is nothing more comforting than a hot bowl of soup on a cold winters day. I guess that is why January is National Soup Month.

I am looking for an easy, but tasty home made soup recipe. I'm roasting a chicken and would like to use the leftovers for soup. I also have a ton of carrots and celery from my garden, a big bag of egg noodles, and a few cans of chicken broth that are about to expire. I'd like to make a big batch that I can freeze in Ziploc bags for later use. Thanks for your time.

By Sue from Golden Valley, MN

Answers

Roasted chicken is great. I make a chicken soup that is awesome according to my son-in-law. I am not going to give exact amounts - I find that with soup taste rules and if I like a specific veggie flavor then I use more of that. Also, since you are using an already cooked chicken I would not add salt and pepper til the very end.

Place the bones and chicken broth in a pan (cast iron always preferred) and bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer for about 1/2 hour. Remove the bones.

Chop your veggies. Here is where individual taste really matters. This is how my taste buds would do it:
Chop equal amounts of celery and carrots (if your family doesn't like to eat celery, chop it big so after it cooks you can remove it). Chop half as many onions.

Cut your chicken in to 'big bite' pieces since it is already cooked and if cooked again can become stringy (I repeat this later as I loath stringy chicken). To your enhanced broth add your celery and simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add the Carrots and simmer for about 10 minutes. Then add the onions - half at a time, tasting to determine how many you want to add.

After the veggie flavors have married,bring broth back to a boil and add the noodles. (If you are not going to eat it immediately, cook al dente, so the noodles don't get mushy - yuck - in the reheating). Cook noodles.

Turn the heat down and add the chicken to heat through. I find that if I cook the already cooked chicken it becomes stringy. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet or buttermilk biscuits.

You have exactly everything you need! Just put it all together and season with salt and pepper to taste, you can't go wrong! But here are a few tips:

I make my own egg noodles, better and more hearty and more thrifty, if more work. I put one or two eggs in the food processor, about a half teaspoon of salt, and then while it's running add plain flour until you get a stiff dough. Should only take a few seconds in the processor. Then flour a board and rolll out thin with a rolling pin, dusting with more flour as needed, then cut the noodles with a pizza cutter. The rougher and irregular they cut, the better! Simple! Frozen egg noodles or homemade will take a lot longer to get tender in the simmering soup than store-bought dry ones from a package.

If you don't want the veggies to get too tender in the final soup, first simmer the broth with a whole carrot and couple whole celery stalks for a half hour to flavor the broth. Then remove those and put your soup size pieces of carrot and celery into the simmering broth about 20 mins. before serving or until they're as tender as you like.

I make MY soup with whole raw chicken pieces, thinking the bones flavor the broth better. Thighs work fine, simmered until cooked-through with whole carrot and celery, and maybe onion, which are all removed. Let the chicken cool and then dice it up as big or small as you want for the final soup and add it back in when the noodles are done and just before serving.

Whatever recipe you follow my main tip is odd but it makes it so good! 1 tablespoon sugar added to soup. Trust me I never thought that would make such a difference but it does and it is the best soup ever. Good luck and enjoy.