Pork Noodle Soup with Kale
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
July 8, 2020
Here's a tasty and easy lunch or dinner meal for 2 - that is also fairly inexpensive to make. Or, this could be served as a side soup for a family of 4-6.
- The noodles were purchased from Costco. It cost $8.99 for 12 bags.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 people
- 32 oz Pho Soup Starter Beef Broth ($1.99)
- 2 bags or 6.7 oz A-sha Tainan-style noodles ($1.50)
- 1/2 lb mild Italian sausage ($1.40)
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 Tbsp frozen pulsed lemongrass
- Optional red pepper
- Optional basil
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Optional hoisin sauce
- Optional lemon wedge (1-2)
- 1 bundle kale ($0.99)
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Prep ingredients. Slice onion and mince garlic.
- Wash kale and cut into smaller pieces (in your desired size). You can either add your kale later to your broth or boil water and dip kale in which is what I did then set aside.
- In a large pot, add olive oil over medium heat and sauté pork. I also added lemon grass that I previously pulsed in a food processor (you can omit lemon grass), dash of onion powder, and black pepper.
- Add sliced onions, kale, and soy sauce. Sauté until cooked. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Heat up pho broth until it boils and add noodles in.
- Once noodles are cooked combine with pork/kale in the broth.
- Serve with hoisin sauce, basil, sliced red pepper, squeeze lemon wedge and any other ingredients you would like.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.