Lettuce Shrimp Soup Recipe
Make this light shrimp soup with chopped romaine or other leafy lettuce. This guide contains a recipe for lettuce shrimp soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A healthy and light delicious soup. A great idea if you have a lot of lettuce and buy in bulk like us!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 people
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 stems green onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 4 bunch lettuce
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 gal water
- Cut lettuce into 1.5" inch pieces and set aside.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Peel the shrimp skin (set the skins aside to cook later).
- Mince the shrimp to a paste with a dash of salt & pepper. Also dice all the green onions and use a little bit for the shrimp paste.
- In a pot on medium heat, add vegetable oil and cloves of garlic until the garlic is golden.
- Add half gallon of water and the shrimp skins into the pot until boil; about 10 minutes. Then, scoop the shrimp skins out and toss out. This is to make the soup sweeter and tasty!
- Then using a spoon, put your spoon into the shrimp paste and form like a meatball and drop into the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes until boiled. Add fish sauce, diced green onions, and lettuce pieces and cover for 5 minutes.