Keeping No-seeums Out of The House

No-seeum season is about to happen up here in northern New England, and I'm getting nervous. These tiny bugs fly through my screens at night and bite the heck out me while I'm asleep. They don't touch my husband! They bite me mercilessly and I often get covered with ugly bites and then scars on my arms and legs. Does anyone have any advice about how to *prevent* them from coming in through the screens on warm spring and summer nights? I live in a rural area with ponds and streams all around, so there's no stopping their breeding around the house. HELP!

Sylviecyn from Vermont

You might try covering the screens with fine tulle or nylon netting as a fast fix. Or maybe spraying the screens with bug repellent before you turn on the lights at night. Good Luck. GG Vi

I have read that AVONs Skini so soft bath oil is a great no-seeum repelant

you apply in in a thin film (like bug spray lotion)

try it and let us know if it works

We live up north and no-seeums can be awful. I had to keep my little man indoors when he was younger because they would bite him around the back of his ears and even drew blood. This friend of mine told me about Watkins bug repellent and so we gave it a try. It works excellent. Even my husband was shocked to see no-seeums roll off my arms when they tried to land. We do a lot of camping and I don't leave home without it anymore. I've only tried the cream version that watkins sells but I see they have a spray now. I think I would even consider spraying some on my bedroom window screen at night.

You can also spray your screens with Skin So Soft. There's something about the smell of it that insects don't like. We used to get gnats in the house, until I started spraying my screens with Skin So Soft once a week.

These things suck your blood right? I know this because every time one of the tiny black SOB's lands on me I get a welt. One surefire way to keep them off of you is to shoot your BAC through the roof. Every time I go to bed sober I wake up with bites, but never after I've been drinking. Think about it.

Avon's skin so soft insect repelant is great and the bath oil works great too. Bugs repel themselves from it cause they don't like the smell.

I've found that Lavender power/soap/lotions work well against these buggers. Also, 1/2 part vinegar + 1/2 part water sprayed on bedsheets, ankles, elbows or anywhere else they bite helps. Believer it or not, swallowing 1 tablespoon of this vinegar solution cuts down on CO2 which attracts them. God bless

In RE: Keeping Bugs from Coming in The House. Try not to wear any perfumes or scents as I have found that bugs are attracted to scents. Hope this help you to not get bit. Also use unscented soaps.

Keeping Bugs from Coming in The House
Home and Garden Pest Control BugsApril 12, 2006
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Raccoon sitting in the garden near a flower pot.
Keeping Raccoons Out of Your Garden