Dog House for Firewood Storage

Re-purpose your Igloo Shaped Dog house for storing some firewood. Our dog refused to use the Dog-Loo we bought her years ago. I got the idea to store a stash of firewood in it to keep it dry and easily accessible by our back door. Our woodpile is located in the far end of our yard, which is exposed to the elements.

So having some dry wood stored in the 'dog house', keeps it available for when my husband gets the urge to use the fireplace. He also uses the dry wood for his smoker grill. I see the dog-loo's at Garage Sales and on the roadside for trash pickup, and it seemed they would be handy for other uses.

By Mary C. from Orange Park, FL

In my area, wood has to be off the ground because of the little "critters" roaming around!

Oh gosh, how I laughed. This from Florida! Snow is so deep here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont that I have to keep wood for my stove in my front hall in a big rack (at least 1/2 a cord). This will not last the whole winter, of course. It will need to be replenished. And I don't even use it to heat the house--just to cozy the kitchen area. How many of those Igloos would I need?

Firewood stacked against the side of a house.
Storing Firewood
Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 3, 2008
Previously House Broken Dog Has Started Pooping in the House
House Trained Dog Pooping Inside
Fire Wood Carrier
Making a Fire Wood Carrier
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Pile of split firewood.
Saving Money on Firewood