What Is This Plant? (Deadnettle Lamium)

Can anyone please tell me what the name of this plant is? It is a perennial, small and perfectly round when in bloom. Starts with green leaves and then tiny yellow blooms for just a few days at a time. Thank you!

Amy from Ashville, OH

Not sure but from this photo and your hardiness zone I'd say it's a Lamium species, common name Deadnettle. These are used as groundcovers and will spread fairly rapidly. They are also very easy to propagate by division if you want more of them.

It's a deadnettle, aka archangel, and the variety is called 'Herman's Pride'. It's a great little groundcover, but doesn't spread nearly as rapidly as most other lamiums. Enjoy!

This is SILVER NETTLE. It does well in shade or filtered morning sun. Cannot tolerate afternoon sun. Will develop very strong root systems very quickly that help to make a fast spreading ground cover. It does not die back in our area in winter, so is in the evergreen family.

It is beautiful in pots alone or use on edge of pot for hanging down sides with begonias, ferns & other shade or filtered shade plants. The plant is grown for the beautiful variated foliage. The little yellow bloom is a small bonus, but not very dramatic. This is a plant worth having that will draw compliments!

It's deadnettle lamium but I think Herman's Pride has pink flowers.

When I saw the photo, all I could think of was Archangel. I believe deadnettle is the common name for lamium. I believe Archangel is the name for the particular variety of lamium that you're growing. You can look it up under those names and see if you can find it on internet. You can use Yahoo or Google to do your searches.

I have lamium Beacon Silver and just love it. It gets pink flowers and reblooms. The leaves are silver with a grean edging.

Thank you very much to all who took the time to answer my question!

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 10, 2008
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Mystery Plant
What is This Garden Plant?
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
🎄
🍂