Melt Marshmallows For Rice Krispies Outside

Temperature at 4 this afternoon was 102 degrees F. It has been hot today. Too hot for our area. I wanted to make a batch of Rice Krispie treats, and just for curiosity I decided to see if the marshmallows would melt in the sun.

I put the melted butter in the pan, added the marshmallows, and set it out in the sun around noon. At 4, I checked it and the marshmallows were melted and just perfect for mixing in the Rice Krispies. It worked! Enough of this hot weather though, I'm ready for cool weather.

By Litter Gitter from NC

I failed to mention that I did have a lid on this pot, and we don't have a problem with flies or ants so critters were no problem.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 3, 2011
Rice Krispie Cereal Bar
Recipes Using Rice Krispies
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Pastel swirled marshmallows in various shapes.
Making Homemade Marshmallows
Chocolate Marshmallow Dessert
Marshmallow Dessert Recipes