Making an Herbal Heat Wrap

Can anyone help me with instructions on making an herbal wrap that you put in the microwave to relieve muscle pain? I know you can add rice or corn however I do not know what types of herbs should be used.

Rose from Malvern, PA

I think popcorn sounds like it would either pop when you microwave or otherwise heat your wrap, or disintegrate (if already popped). I use rice and tube socks, and you can add any herb, spice, essential oil or whatever that you wish. It's an extremely effective, nearly free solution, even with just plain rice. They stay warm for hours, and mold to whatever needs to be molded to. They are excellent foot warmers/bed warmers as well, and can save on heating bills. Make several with different "aromatherapy" uses. They even make an excellent gift. Get cute socks and make custom ones for gifts or to sell.

If you happen to have any herbal teabags or loose tea those work great. I've used that goodnight tea or any relaxing type herbal teas and just cut open the bag and pour the dried herbs/tea into the rice to stuff my heating pad.

Thank you so much for all the wonderful suggestions and helpful hints.

The answer is "yes" flax seed will ignite when heated too long. I accidentally hit "5 minutes" on my microwave which resulted in a terrible aroma and actual burn marks on the fabric. I'm sticking with rice.

I found a place that uses flax seed which works really well. It's a health and body store online and they ship the herbal packs for free which is great!

Crafts MiscellaneousMarch 6, 2008
An orange cat in heat.
How Often Can a Cat be in Heat?
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap