Rinse Dishes In Bleach Solution

If you want your dishes disinfected (especially if you don't have a dishwasher and someone in your household is sick), after washing them in dishwashing detergent, run them through a rinse of 1 gallon of water with 1 tablespoon of Chlorox added to it. I put a dish pan or large bowl on one side of my sink with this mixture. This works great for camping too because sometimes you may not have access to hot water. This is an old Girl Scout trick. After we rinsed our dishes at Girl Scouts, we hung them in mesh bags over a clothesline or tree limb to dry.

By Melanie from N. Wilkesboro, NC

This is how I clean my dishes and utensils after they've held raw meat. I soak my dish cloth and wipe the counters and sinks down with the solution too.

Hand Washing Dishes
Hand Washing Dishes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesOctober 5, 2007
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Homemade Rinse Agent Recipes
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Dishwasher full of dishes.
Saving Money on Rinse Agent