Make Sweet Pickles from Dill

You can make sweet pickles out of hamburger dill chips. Drain the juice and use for salad dressing, potato salad, pickled eggs, etc. You can even use the dill pickle juice to make "refrigerator pickles" from fresh cucumbers. Peel and slice the cucumbers, cover with salt and a weighted plate to cover. Allow to sit overnight in the fridge. Rinse with water and drain. Place cucumbers in the dill pickle juice in a jar in the fridge.

For the sweet pickles, place the hamburger dill chips in a bowl and add 3 c. sugar, 1 tsp. celery seed, 1/2 tsp. dry mustard, and 1/4 tsp. red pepper. Stir to mix well and place in a glass jar in the fridge.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

Thanks Duckie-Do, I wish I would have known about this when I had an abundance of cukes this summer. I will keep it in mind for next year however.

Sweet Pickles on White Background
Sweet Pickle Recipes
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsOctober 19, 2010
Making Homemade Pickles
Making Homemade Pickles
Dill Pickles
Recipes Using Pickles
Dill Pickle on White Background
Dill Pickle Recipes
Sunshine Dill Pickles
Making Sunshine Dill Pickles