Growing Lettuce Inside

Spring is coming (eventually), and my thoughts turn to gardening. I've been wondering, can loose-leaf lettuce be grown indoors? I have a nice west-facing window with a deep windowsill over the sink and wonder if enough UV rays get through to merit growing it. I can't afford a grow light, so this is the way it has to be.

Polly

Why not give it a try if you have some sunlight. My husband and I have started garden plants inside and all we used was a florescent bulb and it wasn't even a grow light.

I grow lettuce indoors. The key is lighting. Here's a website I frequent where you can visit for information.

www.hydroponics.com Hope it helps.

I just found some lettuce seeds to grow baby lettuce inside. This is a project I will be doing with my Daisy Girl Scout Troop. Here is the company Name and seed name. Go ahead and google company name in it comes up seeds are only about 2.65 an envelope.

Little gem Pearl

L mini Green Seeds

Thompson & Morgan Seed men

Good Luck

I dont see why not, as long as there is plenty of light it will be the same as growing them in a greenhouse.

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingFebruary 5, 2009
A variety of lettuce.
Storing Lettuce
Iceberg Lettuce
Growing Iceberg Lettuce
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
Lettuce growing in a box.
Growing Lettuce
🎄