DH bought way too much Romaine lettuce, so I stir fried one head with an onion and two cloves of garlic. I added the last bit of pasta sauce to use it up. It was delicious. I think it would work with any kind of lettuce.
Next time I'll
add extra butter instead of tomato sauce to switch it up.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3T tomato sauce (optional)
- Chop all the vegetables.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet.
- Sauté the onion and garlic a couple of minutes, then add the lettuce.
- Sauté until the lettuce is soft, but not mushy.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomato sauce if using. Cook about a minute more to heat the sauce.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.