Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Cleaning With Isopropyl Alcohol

Isopropyl Alcohol, also known as rubbing alcohol, is effective in many cleaning projects. Put it in a small spray bottle and it works well for cleaning and shining chrome faucets. It also can be helpful when trying to remove ink stains from fabric and upholstery. Always pretest the alcohol in an inconspicuous spot before using on a stain. Isopropyl Alcohol can be purchased in the grocery store or the drug store. It's usually in the first aid aisle. Look for sales and save.

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Lydia (Guest Post)08/15/2005

This is my favorite thing to clean with!! We keep a spray bottle on hand. And it's cheap!

By kidsNclutter07/20/2005

Have you tried a product called "Goof Off" for the paint removal? Is sold in hardware section I believe or in home building supply stores. In a small can. it's great for removing paint oops, ink, tar, glues on many surfaces, read the label.

By Leanne (Guest Post)07/16/2005

I wonder if this would work on paint? We have these vinyl office chairs in our home office, and while painting our bathroom, my husband got some paint on his clothes, which of course transfered onto one of the chairs when he sat down in it.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.