Removing Water Spots from Empty Fish Tank

Does anyone know how to remove water spots from the inside of a fish tank? The fish died and I got really disgusted with the tank so I let the tank just dry up. Now it looks ugly!

Ruby from Oregon

Comet Bathroom spray works the best that I've tried. Use the rough side of a sponge or a used dryer sheet(not a new one) and it will get it right off there.

I am not sure that using a cleanser such as this is a good idea in an aquarium where you will put fish. I would try vinegar, as it is likely just a lime deposit that you have. Whatever you use, rinse really really well before you use the tank again.

I use salt to clean my tank. It is a mild abrasive and easily rinced out. Just sprinkle non idonized salt on a damp sponge and scrub away. I recently picked up a tank from another freecycler that was green and it came out sparkling with just a little elbow grease.

Pets FishJanuary 3, 2008
Fish tank on a table.
Protecting Furniture Under a Fish Tank
Kitchen With Granite Countertops
Removing Hard Water Spots on Granite Countertops
A turtle swimming in a tank.
Solutions for a Cloudy Turtle Tank
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:36:54 PM on 10.0.1.81 in 928 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.