Nacho Cheese Recipe That Doesn't Use Velveeta

I am looking for a nacho cheese recipe, that doesn't use Velveeta cheese. Can someone help me find one? I am looking for one like the kind you can get on your nachos at a restaurant or the kind that pumps out of the thing at the gas stations. Thanks,

Jen from EauClaire, WI

I've never tried this, but here's one recipe I found while surfing: http://www.recipeslist.com/snacksap ... /nachocheesedip-recipe-for-free.html

i have used reg recipes and instead of using the velveeta i use the can nacho cheese most stores sell it in the gallon cans i buy it and put it into a gallon container and use it instead for the cheese and find i use it alot on other things as well since its so easy to use and melts so easy can make the nachos on a plate and melt the cheese fast in microwave also good luck

I did see some nacho cheese, that soft kind in a can at Sam's Club....I don't recall the size but it was fairly large and do not know how it keeps or if it can be frozen. I think you are talking about just plain cheese, the very soft and soupy kind but I have seen jars of a cheese dip type stuff but I do believe it has peppers in it....is that perhaps called queso dip? Well good luck finding what you are after.

I use Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup. Heat it up on the stove and add milk, water, or a combination of both until it is the desired thickness. Super easy to make and taste just like football stadium nacho cheese!

At Sam's Club they carry a product called Rico's, the can is large and reasonably priced.....its also condensed, you add water to it and you get the best cheese sauce around !! It comes in two flavors, the nacho cheese which is with peppers, thats SPICY.....and the cheddar cheese sauce which is plain......you can use the plain on veggies, hot dogs, macroni for mac and cheese, as well as for nachos......although it makes a ton of sauce you could always share with a freind or family and it goes quicker than you think if you have hungry teenagers around !! We use it often and its much better than paying an arm and a leg for a small quantity at the chip section !

i think most of that stuff at the gas station is more like cheeze whiz. you can get canned cheese/nacho blends at most stores. i don't think you could reproduce it. velveeta is rework cheese. in other words its the cut ends of a lot of cheeses blended. no waste that way (DH used to work in a cheese plant- said he'd never eat the stuff again!) the cheeze whiz is like that too with a lot more oils added and chemicals to make it blend.

I use a can of Campbells cheddar cheese soup and mix in @1/3 cup milk.

I like mine mild, hubby likes his on fire.

After I mix in the soup I split it in half and add the hot spices to half and leave the other mild for me.

Heat in microwave and enjoy!

We love the cheese dip served at our local Mexican restaurant; it is a white dip. It is made with white American cheese and pepperjack cheese melted together and then thinned with milk. The measurements are not specific; it depends on how hot and/or thick you want it. I'd start with using the pepperjack 1 to 3 with the American personally unless you want it really hot. Also you may need to add so much milk you think it's way too runny but as it cools a little it will become a solid if you have not added enough (Don't ask how I know :0)). Good luck.

Yum, this one looks delish!

Disney Nacho Cheese Dip

CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com

1/2 pound Provolone, grated

1/2 pound American cheese, grated

3/4 cup Heavy cream

8 ounces Cream cheese

1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder

3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire

1/8 teaspoon Cayenne

1/8 teaspoon Yellow food coloring

Directions:

Melt provolone in top of double boiler over boiling water. Add American cheese and stir in cream. Add cream cheese and stir until all is melted. Remove from heat; whip in seasonings and food coloring. Serve warm with crackers, chips, or vegs.

Nacho Cheese Sauce

2 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1 cup milk 7 slices processed American

cheese

1/2 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Pour in the milk and stir until the mixture thickens. Stirring constantly, mix in cheese and salt. Continue to cook and stir until cheese has melted and all ingredients are well blended, about 15 minutes.

http://www.allrecipes.com

CHeezwhiz

i think that might work but instead of garlic use jalapeno

thanks everyone, i will give them all a try, he is picky and doesnt like velveta that is why i am asking, i couldnt find a good one from my books, so i thought someone here would have an idea or have tried something. thanks everyone!

Jen

This isn't a recipe but you can buy those big cans in the grocery store. It's in the aisle where they have all the huge bags and 1 gallon cans of pudding, fruit, etc.

Well, I don't have processed American cheese! So could I use shredded cheese? Could i?

Nacho Dip
Nacho Dip Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsJuly 18, 2006
Ricotta cheese on fig leaves on white plate, with cheese knife.
Freezing Ricotta Cheese
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a "Nacho Libre" Costume
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
Nacho Cheese
Serving Nacho Cheese
🎉
🎄