Dog is Licking Paws

My dog is licking her paw raw and now I have noticed crusties in her eyes. Please help.

By Ariah from Shoreview, MN

I just read in my animal pill book today and it said it is safe to use benedryl but preceed with caution: get the ok from your vet first just to double check. You could also spray the paw with a spray that doesnt smell good to him(or her), and you could put an eye drop in the eye(s). That helped mine.

What kind of dog food are you feeding? The commercial brands sold in most stores contain too much grain which triggers allergies. Switch to a higher quality food with less grain.

One of the best things for humans and animals, both inside and out, is good coconut oil. It has healing qualities of many kinds. Google it.

Pat

My dog was also licking his paws and legs constantly (he also scratched, gnawed on, and itched other areas around his tail, stomach). I read online that it could be a sign of food allergy, most likely from grain. I stopped the dry food and took him off all grains immediately and the change was amazing! Within a few days he was 80% better and within a couple of weeks he was completely back to his healthy self.

Then two months ago I got some books on raw food and switched him over to 80% meat, 10% edible bone, 10% organs - and at 12 years old, he is now running around like he did when he was 3 years old. I look for meat on sale and it really doesn't get that much more expensive. Especially since I don't have to run to the vet all the time and pay for all these medications for itchiness, arthritis, etc. And I stopped the vaccinations, as he started to develop seizures/balance problems after he got them. I feel like I have my young dog back :) Maybe some of this can be useful to you. I wish you great luck with the health of your dog.

My doberman has been licking her paws off and on for years. Veterinarian did allergy testing, etc but to no avail. She is still pulling the hair out. I tried a raw diet which helped, and tried too many to list ointments and sprays, but if I didn't cover up the legs with bandages, the licking would continue nonstop. I have mentioned this problem to other dog walkers and one mentioned to use these posh protectors to stop the dog licking at http://www.doglickingpaws.com the posh sleeves have been super fast to put on and my dog doesn't lick her legs anymore and the hair is growing back. Finally I found something that works to stop the obsessive licking.

do have their telephone number as it seems that I can get to their website,, it says cant be reach, not sure if they are still in business, but I hope so.

A dog licking his paws.
Stopping a Dog from Licking Paws
Pets Dogs HealthJanuary 20, 2011
Woman in Green Shirt Cleaning Glass with Squeege
Cleaning Sliding Glass Doors
A cat wearing a cone on its head.
Keeping a Cat From Licking a Wound
dog licking a toy cat
Remedies for Dogs Obsessively Licking
Dog Licking Paw
Stopping a Dog from Licking Too Much
🎄