Ground Cover for Moist Ground

Does anyone have recommendations on what would be a moisture loving ground cover, but one that doesn't look "snakey"? There's a low spot in my yard about 10x10. I thought about a weeping willow, but my hubby said the roots would get into the septic system which runs through there. Hey, ya think the water may be sewage? Anyway, are there any sewage loving plants?

Traci

Depending on where you live, Moss Rose is great ground cover. Plus it blooms and is very pretty.

might want to have your pipe tested...thats not safe to have sewage leak like that hon,,

Moss rose (portulaca) is pretty drought tolerant, so I"m not sure whether it is also suitable for wet areas. Mint loves wet ground, but it's also invasive and can take over your yard unless the surrounding area is pretty dry.

Depending on what zone you live in, liriope (lilyturf) might be an option. There are two main varieties: clumping (L. muscari, I think) and spreading (L. spicata). L. spicata is more hardy (to zones 4-5), but the flowers are less noticeable. Lilyturf will take to moist ground in either sun or part shade, but not standing water. (I think by "not snakey" you mean "not viney"?)

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMarch 27, 2005
Closeup of blue flowering creeping charlie.
Getting Rid of Ground Ivy (Creeping Charlie)
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Closeup of hen and chicks.
Choosing the Right Groundcover
Dog Crate
Making a Dog Crate Cover
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 4:31:33 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.