Frugal Beverages

What is your favorite inexpensive beverage? Post your ideas below.

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 11/28/2004

Fill a small soda pop bottles with water and 1 tbsp. lemon juice or lime juice. Freeze. As they melt, they make great refreshing cool drinks. I still have to find out if cucumber water, with three slices of cucumber in it will freeze well. This is the most refreshing drink I have ever had. I also learned how to make v8 from this site and drink it for breakfast each morning, especially in the winter.

By Racer

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Don't buy expensive soda and juice for your children. The sugar content in them is terrible! Water is still the best thing anyone can drink, and the most healthy and economical, and children can learn to like water very much, especially if taught at a young age.

By Robin

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Erica (Guest Post) 11/28/2004

Mine is "Teddy Tea"

use the cheapest teabags you can get (about 10 oe ao and about a cup of sugar and a gallon or so of water throw the whole mix in a pot and boil-- adjust to taste. let ic cool and pour into pitchers with ice you can use any tea you want and add lemon. you can also reuse the teabgs just put them in an airthight container -- of course the more you reuse the weaker the tea so you may need to add another tea bag or so just adjust to taste and steep away.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By brenda newton 6 344 11/29/2004

We have our own raspberry bushes in our yard. This recipe is easy and refreshing and wonderful to serve for company.

Raspberry Iced Tea

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 gallon water
1 1/2 to 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen

Boil together then add 5 tea bags. Let sit for one hour. Strain. Add 1/2 gallon of ice cubes or water just before serving.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By greenworld 1 02/16/2009

The crisp, clear well water (not contaminated from fluoride or chlorine) in the mountainous area of a national park was the best beverage! I wish that I could have hauled some of that water. Anyway, filtered water with lemon, organic & fair-trade white teas, herbal teas, and carbonated water flavored with organic essences are fairly good. I brew one teabag in a gallon of water because I prefer weaker teas, so I do save money.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Post a Comment