Living a Frugal and Organized Life

One key to sustaining a frugal lifestyle is being organized and staying on track. This is a guide about being frugal and organized.

I have always been frugal. I am even more frugal as I get older and the economy has forced me to be more frugal, to stretch the almighty dollar. I access web sites, use coupons, go to clothes/food giveaways all in the effort to pay my bills and saving as much money as I can. Sometime it is a struggle. But in the end it is worth it.

The corner stone to my keeping me on track is organization. I have it down to a very manageable system. There are some days when things fall behind, but for the most part, it works, at least for me. Let me break down my schedule for you.

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Now this schedule can change due to emergencies, appointments,outings or I am just to tire to move. There are times when I will tweak this schedule to fit my needs, but basically, this is it. It keeps me on my toes and lets everyone else know what to expect. Easy as pie.

By Georgetta Ruth from Waterloo, IA

Many people are overwhelmed with the thought of organizing their home let alone one specific area. A great "workplace" organization methodology you can follow in the home is called "5S", originally employed in Japanese manufacturing plants.

Loosely translated to English, the 5S model is as follows:

There are many sources of information on the internet for "5S" or maybe even in the mind of your spouse who has been involved in "5S events" at work.

Beyond 5S, simply avoid purchasing "stuff" that truly is not needed by you or your family. Start by understanding "wants" vs "needs". "Stuff" does not define us; it is the things we do and the lives we impact that defines us.

By Geoff Monastra from Cleveland, OH

A place for everything and everything in it's place helps my busy life run much smoother and it saves money too!

A change in housing and finances can trigger the need to find creative storage space in a much smaller home or apartment. It is amazing the solutions that present themselves. This is a guide about becoming the frugal organizer.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

If you have a frugal buddy (I have one who lives near a great independent dollar store.) - have them look out for new and interesting arrivals (and do the same for them, of course). . .