Possum Came Into House Through Chimney

By susan caldwell 1 1

I've had a possum in my house. It came down the chimney, but I haven't seen it since Thursday evening when it ran back up the chimney. Is there any chance it could climb back to the top and out of the chimney, or is that just wishful thinking?

Susan from Victoria, Australia

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Most likely the possum has gone out through the top of the chimney. To prevent critters and birds from coming down the chimney in the future go to Home Depot or other big box store and buy a stainless steel chimney guard for about $75 and mount it on the top of the chimney. Very easy to do.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By susan caldwell 1 1 Flag

Hope so - everyone keeps telling me they can't climb back out, so hopefully they're wrong and you're right.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I think I'd have to move!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Annie Rios Hill 14 1,776 Flag

Eek! just reading that made me put my toes up on the bottom desk shelf. Good luck. I would really search hard for that. I would not want it to come join me as I sleep! I wish you good luck getting it out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Pest Control Small WildlifeAugust 31, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Logs burning in a fireplace.
Cleaning Your Fireplace
Fireplace
Fireplace Smokes Up the House
Wood Burning Stove
Heating with Wood
Brick Chimney
Saving Money on Chimney Cleaning
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:01:52 PM on 10.0.2.127 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings