Smells From Other Cats Can Upset Your Cat

If you see a tomcat in your area, be very careful when you are using the hose outside, because you can bring the tomcat (or any other cat's scent) into your home on your shoes. I just read a book by a cat "psychologist" about a cat that suddenly changed it's personality.

It started being mean and aggressive to it's owner. After doing a bit of research, they found the cat could smell it's rival on the owner's shoes after she used the hose or watering can outdoors to garden or clean the litter box. She also had to have her condo carpeting professionally cleaned. Only then did the cat's personality go back to it's previous sweetness. We may think, we can't smell it, so it's not there, but we all know that our pets have much stronger noses than we do!

By Cyinda from near Seattle

May I ask the name of the book. I love to read up on Cat behavior.

I am owned by a 1yr seal point siamese. Currently take decorations off the tree, one by one.

Here's the book where this info came from:

Is Your Cat Crazy Solutions from the Casebook of a Cat by John C Wright

Amazon has a bunch of these books used for under $3 & one for only 75 cents!:

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Crazy-So ... rapist/dp/0028608380/?tag=thrif06-20

* Here's a whole bunch of cat behavior books, I'd try to buy them used:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g ... funny+cat+behavior&x=21&y=14

---> But the best way to learn about cat behavior is to do what my daughter does & it's free! She goes down to her local library every 2 weeks & picks up several more back issues of the magazine "Cat Fancy"... She's learned all kinds of cool tricks & tips for caring for her 2 quirky felines from this magazine.

Pets CatsDecember 1, 2008
Woman with Stomachache
Avoiding an Upset Stomach
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
soft cat food
Feeding a Cat Soft Food
Woman with an upset stomach.
Remedies for an Upset Stomach
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 22, 2016 at 7:36:57 AM on 10.0.1.140 in 912 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.