Rico and Chance (Cat and Chihuahua)

I adopted a cat from my local shelter. At the time of this photo, it was the first day that the cat had been in my house. I put the cat down on the couch, to meet the chihuahua and you'd never believed what happened, they KISSED!

By Danielle M

I have a rescue cat who, after 2 years, is just learning not to bite hard. She has her front claws off and came from a home with multiple dogs and dysfunctional people. However, from the first day she wanted to get up and kiss. 30 seconds later she'd be hissing and looking to bite, but someone in her past had taught her about kissing. She still likes it but will try biting if I give her the chance, only not as hard.

Photos Pets DogsOctober 26, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
plantains
Making Mofongo
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
The skyline of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Puerto Rico Frugal Travel Guide
🎄