General AdviceConsumer Advice

Problems With Sensor Night Lights

Does anyone have the same problem I have with those sensor night lights? Every time I pull one out of the outlet for different reasons, they never work after that. The bulb is burned out also. Is there something I am doing to make them not work anymore. I have bought expensive name brand ones and cheap ones and the same thing always happens. We are in a different house now and it happened again today. I didn't think they were disposable. Thanks.

Mike from PA

Yep, happens to me, too. I've stopped using them or just leave them in place knowing that if I move it, it's gone. Sure is frustrating!

Turn the light off and let it cool down before unplugging it, if you can. A hot filament is very delicate. This has worked for me.

I dearly love my light sensor night light. I bought it at the Dollar Tree. I've had it for at least a year and keep it constantly plugged in in the kitchen. I am very surprised to learn that you've had trouble with yours. I don't think I'll buy any other type night light from now on.

I had this problem in the bathroom. I would put new bulbs in and they burned out too.. I thought!! Come to find out.. the problem was that the pug in the bathroom and kitchen had that protector/over load button on them and I had to do was press it.

It then reactivated the plug in. It worked then.

I just installed a 2 bulb electric light sensor light where our front porch light was. I want it to stay on when the light switch is turned OM and then them to go out when switch is turned OFF? Can I accomplish this? If so, please advise me how. ronnywelch AT bellsouth.net

Pulling the night light out of the outlet while it is on is probably the problem. I don't remember if all of them were on when I pulled them but I know this last one was on. The night lights I have had do not have an off switch. I will try another one, and will definitely make sure it is not on. Thanks to everyone who submitted an idea. They were all very helpful.