Problems With Sensor Night Lights

Does anyone have the same problem I have with those sensor night lights? Every time I pull one out of the outlet for different reasons, they never work after that. The bulb is burned out also. Is there something I am doing to make them not work anymore. I have bought expensive name brand ones and cheap ones and the same thing always happens. We are in a different house now and it happened again today. I didn't think they were disposable. Thanks.

Mike from PA

Yep, happens to me, too. I've stopped using them or just leave them in place knowing that if I move it, it's gone. Sure is frustrating!

Turn the light off and let it cool down before unplugging it, if you can. A hot filament is very delicate. This has worked for me.

I dearly love my light sensor night light. I bought it at the Dollar Tree. I've had it for at least a year and keep it constantly plugged in in the kitchen. I am very surprised to learn that you've had trouble with yours. I don't think I'll buy any other type night light from now on.

I had this problem in the bathroom. I would put new bulbs in and they burned out too.. I thought!! Come to find out.. the problem was that the pug in the bathroom and kitchen had that protector/over load button on them and I had to do was press it.

It then reactivated the plug in. It worked then.

I just installed a 2 bulb electric light sensor light where our front porch light was. I want it to stay on when the light switch is turned OM and then them to go out when switch is turned OFF? Can I accomplish this? If so, please advise me how. ronnywelch AT bellsouth.net

Pulling the night light out of the outlet while it is on is probably the problem. I don't remember if all of them were on when I pulled them but I know this last one was on. The night lights I have had do not have an off switch. I will try another one, and will definitely make sure it is not on. Thanks to everyone who submitted an idea. They were all very helpful.

Consumer Advice General AdviceNovember 30, 2007
Christmas Lights in Hands
Uses for Christmas Lights
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎉
🎄