Printing From The Web

When I print something from a web site it misses the writing at the edge. What do I have to do to alter that on my computer when I want to print something out?

Jackie Young from Australia

If it's just writing like part of an article that it is cutting off mid letter or something like that, you need to go into your printer settings and increase your margins. If it's not printing the frames/ advertising types then you need to enable it to print ads on web pages - In IE on xp go to Tools, Internet options - select the advanced tab - check the box that says Print background colors and images. That should work, Hope it helps.

When printing from the web, Go to file in the top left corner and choose Page Setup. Here you will be able to select (put a checkmark) where it says "fit to page". If you have done this, you will have the pages fitting everytime. Also if you do not want to print the whole page, you may just "highlight" with your mouse the area that you wish to print and again go to file and this time choose print. You will get a box pop up and on that box select "Selection", then click ok. You will only print off what you need that way and not pages of useless information. Happy Surfing!

First off, I find it very helpful to always do a "File Print Preview". That will show you what the page will actually look like when printed. If the edge is being cut off and you've changed your margains ("File Page Setup"), maybe you need to print the page landscape instead of portrait. "File Page Setup Orientation". Hope this helps.

I just copy and paste into my write messages area and then print off what I need. In this area it will self adjust and there is no remembering to change settings back to previous settings

Computers Internet TipsFebruary 19, 2007
A computer and printer.
Printing a Web Page
Printer
Trouble Printing Coupons
Baby Videos
Funny Baby Videos
🎉
🎄