Trouble Printing Coupons

Category Coupons
Printer
There can be challenges when printing online grocery and other kinds of coupons. This is a guide about trouble printing coupons.

Is there any place we can go on the web to print grocery coupons without having to do a download to our computers? These downloads cause computer problems. Help please!

By Carol B. from Waynesboro, GA

Answer Was this helpful? 1

I'd like to know the same thing! I used to have CouponPrinter on my computer. Then they

"upgraded" it about 2 years ago, and I have never been able to make it work since then. It goes in circles telling me I have to install it, but when I do, it still doesn't print coupons, even though it says the installation went ok. It's infuriating. I don't like having to install some outside program in order to get coupons.

I installed the program from SmartSource and printed coupons from them for a while. I found I didn't use most of them, since they're mostly for overpriced national brands from 2-3 major conglomerates.

Occasionally, a company makes coupons available directly at their own website. Sometimes it's a pdf file that you can print. They might allow you to print it more than once, too.

I found I can call certain companies and they will mail me a few coupons. Depending on the company, you can request coupons once a month to once every 3 months.

The coupons in the Sunday newspaper inserts are also mostly for the same overpriced, prepackaged products from the same 3-4 conglomerates. I buy mostly store brands these days, and I'm not missing out on anything. If a national brand is on sale, and a doubled coupon makes it cheaper than the store brand, then I'll buy it. I shop at stores that double coupons 99 cents and below, and one store that will even double a $1 coupon - with caution, as their prices are higher to begin with. All I had to do was sign up for the stores' loyalty cards.

All together, I find I'm using fewer coupons these days. The store that I use the most offers 5 percent off the entire order for senior citizens (55 and up) on Mondays, so I do my major shopping there. It also has a website that let's me load some national brand and store brand coupons right to my loyalty card. It also runs many other promotions during the year, where accumulated points result in coupons for several dollars off an order after a few weeks. Sometimes, buying certain combinations of items results in a coupon for a dollar or two off my next order. These deals save me more money than regular coupons.

When I try to print on line coupons, I get a message telling me my printer does not support their website. What's up with that?

By Kathy

Not sure, code be your Active X driver isn't up to date. Could be any number of things. But try this.

If they display the coupon you want right click on it and save it to your computer as a graphic (gif, jpeg, jpg). Open it up in MS Paint or another paint program and print it.

I've found error messages can be generic. Your security, antispyware or popup blocker could be the issue. I use Trend Micro and found that I have to turn off web ad blocking to print coupons.

You may need to add the printer site, to your address book. Also; click on tools (upper right of this screen), then scroll down & click on internet options, then click on security, then click on trusted & follow instructions on how to add the coupon site to trusted sites.

Click again on tools, then internet, then security, then custom (more at the bottom of this box), then you make sure that your ACTIVEX items are checked appropriately. ***First, second & third ones will be (disabled), then fourth enable, then fifth disable, ***Any that say recommend should be clicked accordingly, then sixth & seventh one click disable, then eigth & ninth click enable; next click ok & in the next box ok & hopefully that will help also.

Anonymous

Some sites also require special coupon printer software (they're free). If that's the case it will show somewhere on that page that there is a download button. Please let us know when you find out what the issue is :-)

How do I print coupons with barcodes? Can I install a printing program that will do this? I know it can be done, because I have done so before. Please help!

By Rhonda

Normally when you print anything it prints it all, so I would assume barcodes would automatically be printed, as well.

When I print out coupons, if they have a barcode, it always prints with them. The only problem I have ever had, is when the ink runs low, they don't scan well. And it isn't always to the low level where I would think it is low, just enough to have an altered color is enough to affect the scanning ability. At most stores, the clerk will just manually enter the coupon, but some won't accept it if it won't scan.

Where can you print off coupons with barcodes attached?

By Pam