Can you refreeze bread?

Can you refreeze bread?

shortstuf21g from Canada

Showing: Answers Sort

By nancy 2 Flag

Yes you can refreeze bread , my mom used to buy many loaves at a time . It was cheaper that way , we would go to the Wonder Bread thrift store and you would get a better buy if you bought in quanity . It didnt last long in our house there were 5 children .

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By patricia sudduth 12 41 Flag

I buy extra bread when it's on sale and store them in the freezer. It doesn't take long for the bread to thaw.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I freeze my bread all the time. I think it is better once it is frozen first.

Vicky

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lynda 44 257 Flag

Yes, INDEED, if you double bag the items. I've been doing it for ten years now. Double bagging beats

expensive EXTRA LARGE ziplocks as well. Should you not need the thawed bread, you can safely refreeze it towards the front of your other items, otherwise you might forget about the breads and they would eventually get too old. I keep mine for about two months only. Afterwards, the various breads get a bit stale from being day-old in the first place. One

of the best buys I have gotten at bread stores is

to ask for the "animal breads" at GREATLY reduced

prices, even better than the deep discounts on the

helves there. Good luck and God bless your being

frugal. : )

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Hope 61 Flag

You can refreeze bread, bagels and English muffins without concern. We like to switch from one type to another so we freeze the ones we aren't using. We prefer toasted bread products anyway so we just pop them in the toaster to thaw. You may want to toast them a second time if they don't get as dark as you'd like.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

you can re-freeze but its not as good for sandwiches and that sort of thing. it works great under gravy or as french toast though.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Thanks for all the great help!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Can you put bread back in the freezer after it has thawed out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsOctober 2, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
thawed pork chop
Refreezing Thawed Meat
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
Recipes Using Stale Bread, Slice of Bread on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Stale Bread
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 9:42:33 AM on 10.0.2.70 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings