Wire Twist Bracelet
One pattern with many possibilities, just change the beads and weaving material for an altogether different look.
Approximate Time: 1 hour
- closure clasp set
- 30 inches aluminum wire
- 14 or more beads
- wire cutters
- When deciding on which beads and wire to use the key is to make sure two strands of wire will go through each bead. You can do the same thing with leather strands or yarn.
- Bend your wire in half, run one half of your closure onto the wire to the fold. Twist the wire tight to the closure to secure it.
- Separate the strands of wire and slide your first bead on one strand then run the other wire through the other side, slide the bead carefully up to the twist.
- Repeat sliding beads on, running the wire through one side with one wire and the other side with the other wire, do not cross them. Try not to make kinks in your wire, if you do take you pliers and straighten out the kink as straight as you can. Keep repeating this process until you have enough length for your bracelet.
- Bring the two strands of wire together and twist a couple of times.
- Slip the other end of your closure on the wire, bring the wire down toward the beads, cross the twists you made and wrap around the twists twice to secure.
- Cut the tails of the wire off. Make sure to press the ends in so they won't poke the skin.
The length of wire I give should be plenty for a single bead twist bracket. If you are going to use several beads as I have, you might want to add another 6 inches. You don't want to run out of wire. If that should happen, you can always make a necklace out of your piece by connecting chain to both ends and bending your beaded wire piece.
By Ann from Loup City, NE
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 3:53:09 PM on 10.0.2.161 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us