Best Furniture Upholstery For Pet Owners

What is the best type of furniture fabric for dogs and cats?

By Penny from Adams Center, NY

If you are thinking of what will not collect hair the most, I would go with leather or something similar to it.

Cats will claw leather or any other fabric. Unless they are declawed, which I would never ever allow or condone, anything is subject to be destroyed. Dogs will track in all sorts of "mud and dirt" unless you meet them at the door with something to clean them up.

My father used to say this. "You can have children and pets or you can have nice furniture, but seldom both at the same time unless you are constantly cleaning something somewhere." I don't happen to think it's quite that bad, but at times, it does come close to being the truth.

Good Luck.

Songwriter

Consumer Advice General AdviceOctober 20, 2010
A cat with an empty food dish.
Free Pet Food for Low Income Families
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 12:28:10 PM on 10.0.0.239 in 928 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.