Ask a Master Gardener

Ever wonder what you should plant? For free answers from experts about what grows best in your area, and for questions about insects and garden pests, ask a Master Gardner. They offer their advice free at most Farmers' Markets and also online. Master Gardeners are trained for free at most universities and in return they are required to offer their advice to the local community.

Besides local farmers markets you can also get in touch with them by searching the words "Master Gardeners" then adding your state. For example "Master Gardeners Minnesota" or "Master Gardeners University of Washington". You can then connect to a Master Gardner Forum in your area.

If you are interested in becoming a Master Gardner contact the university closest to you. Master Gardeners are some of the most helpful and friendliest people around. They have a booth at the Saturday Market that I sell at.

By Cyinda from near Seattle

I was wondering what type of evergreen ground cover to plant that won't draw slugs or other pests. I need to go to the farmer's market anyway, I'll see if I can locate a master gardner to ask my question. Thanks for the tip.

A big round of applause to you for sharing this information. You are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I would like as much information as possible regarding buying, selling, and propagating specimen plants. What makes a specimen plant a specimen? How do you order certain specimen plants, especially specimen trees?

Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMay 14, 2009
pink flowering plant in decorative pot with  small gardening tools
Holiday Gifts Ideas for Every Gardener
Ninja Master Prep
Using a Ninja Master Prep
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
Ninja Prep Master Pro
Recipes for the Ninja Prep Master Pro
🎄
🍂