How Do I Keep My Windshield Wiper Blades from Squeaking?

My car wiper has got a squeaking sound produced by the wiper blade rubbing against the windscreen whenever I turn it on. Is there anything to apply on the rubber to reduce the rubbing sound? Thanks.

By Yeoh BM from Malaysia

Time to replace them. They are worn out. Be sure and buy the right size.

Have you tried thoroughly but gently wiping off the blades with a wet rag when you're cleaning your car windows? The squeak might be dust or grime buildup on the blades. If you clean both the windows and the wipers at the same time and the squeaking continues then it's time to replace the blades. I live in a desert area with lots of dust and sometimes that dust sticks to the blades and causes the squeaking and a simple cleaning does the trick. ;-)

Consumer Advice Cars MaintenanceSeptember 18, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Wiper Blades on White Background
Changing Windshield Wiper Blades
Windshield Wipers
Cleaning Windshield Wipers
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
🎄