Making Windshield Wipers Last Longer

A person adjusting a car's windshield wiper.Add longer life to car wiper blades. Winter time weather, ice and snow, cause a lot of damage to wiper blades as they tend to freeze to the windshield while parked outside in driveways and parking lots.

Wiper blades are designed to be pulled away from the windshield for washing. I pull them away and leave them out whenever I park my vehicle outdoors during winter months and therefore prevent them from freezing to the windshield.

By doing that, it also makes it much easier to scrape ice and snow off the windshield as the wipers are not in my way and I do not have to use my scraper to unstick my blades from the windshield. Therefore, giving them years of added use.

By Robin Talsma from Honor, MI

2 More Solutions

Before spending money replacing your worn windshield wiper blades, use a fine grit sand paper.

To make your windshield wipers last longer, when you think you can't use them much more, try running the edges with a knife or the striking side of a matchbook cover over the blade.

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceApril 11, 2017
🌻
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Making-Windshield-Wipers-Last-Longer-3.html